Thursday, June 8, 2017

To El Rocio Costa Este: Aiken, South Carolina

I'll have a lot to say about this adventure because it's a long overdue follow up to my dissertation work: El Rocio: A Study in Music and Ritual in Andalusia, Spain" (2007). It's also a related to my "Music in Exile" explorations, as well as to my Burning Man regional studies. There is now a Rocio here in the U.S., just as there is a Burning Man, now in Spain- albeit for different reasons.


 Thursday, June 1, 2017

Once you get to North Carolina  there are some very well maintained midsection along the road.... 



 The first place I stopped for the night, in Aiken, was very nice and very affordable- just $25 for full hook-up. But on the other hand, it may also have been where one of my Alcoa hubcaps and set of bolt covers were stolen.


  Hard to imagine this is 2017!





Friday, June 2nd

   Went to the "Natural Lands" State Park to spend a few hours waiting for the hosts to return to the horse farm. They had gone into town for supplies. What a beautiful place, and extremely reasonable- almost free really- for an entire water and electricity hookup! But then again, I've found that there are so many fantastic State Parks across the country.

  Reading over my dissertation for ideas.....my espresso close at hand....I don't leave home without it.











No comments:

Post a Comment